The weekend was populated with pumpkins, friends and starry skies, but I still managed to find time for another page:
Actually, I had started it before the weekend, and had already unpicked most of it. I tried doing the figure in applique, but it looked really, really, unbelievably bad. So bad I couldn’t bear to take a picture of it, so I unpicked and started again. In the end I drew the figure on a piece of smooth silk and coloured it with Inktense pencils and watercolour pencils, then ironed it to the background with Bondaweb. I couched some fine silk thread outlines and couched the lettering. The spindle is made from card, and the fibre is hand-spun silk.